YRL provides a wide range of services to our member libraries between two departments. Stay informed about YRL, TRAC and broader library trends by signing up for:
- YRLpub: a listserv for member library staff to share ideas, resources, as well as receive information and updates from YRL staff. Simply click on the link and send the empty email to subscribe.
- TRACsharing: a listserv for staff from all TRAC member libraries. Simply click on the link and send the empty email to subscribe.
- Newsletters: Sign up to receive The Loop, a weekly newsletter with articles, lists, news, tips and tricks for public library staff, and STATS, the monthly newsletter highlighting statistics for popular eResources. For our school library members, opt in to receive The Scoop.
- Ordering, processing, cataloguing and delivery of library materials.
- Reference and interlibrary loan services.
- Special collections.
Client Services Librarians provide training and consulting to member library staff. Some of the services they offer include:
- Collection development, including assistance with evaluation, weeding, inventories, selection and planning.
- Consultation, support and training for a variety of library management needs.
- Integrated Library System (ILS) maintenance, support and training.
- Development and maintenance of eResources.
- Planning conferences and workshops.
The Client Services Desktop and Network Administrators provide technology services. Libraries that choose to connect to the SuperNet via YRL are eligible for a range of services to augment the base services of the ILS software and online catalogue. These services include:
- Network/wireless hotspot connectivity.
- Office 365.
- Domain and website hosting.
- Helpdesk services.
- First level backup and disaster recovery services.
- Hotspare equipment loan service.
- Recommender services.