Storytime Kits are thematic "programs in a box" and are available to both schools and public member libraries to supplement member library programming resources. Each Storytime Kit includes picture books, puppets, props, games, programming resources, craft ideas, music and other material.
Ordering a Storytime Kit
Review the Kits Brochure for the Storytime Kit titles and a summary about each kit. Request a kit by sending us an email:
firstname.lastname@example.org - for public library staff
email@example.com - for school library staff
- Storytime Kits can be booked up to six months in advance.
- Storytime Kits are loaned for one month.
- There is a limit of one Storytime Kit per library per month.
When you receive a Storytime Kit
- Review the contents sheet and ensure everything is there.
- For kit use, make sure your hands are clean and do not use around food or drinks.
- Do not loan or circulate any part of the Storytime Kits to library users.
Returning a Storytime Kit
- Please make sure to return Storytime Kits when they are due. Late returns result in delays for other libraries.
- There is a contents list in every kit. Check the list as you repack the kit to ensure you return all the pieces of the Storytime Kit. Puppets go back into plastic bags and sort all books into author order.
- Report any damage to puppets or books so that YRL can find replacements. Thank you!