Effective June 4, 2018, the TRACpac Boopsie app will no longer be supported. It is recommended that you remove the app from your device as you will not be able to access your patron account or view updated records. The app will be removed from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
While the native app will be gone, you can still create an app-like experience by adding TRACpac to your device's home screen and getting a virtual barcode. How do you do that? It's easy! Just following these instructions.
How to add TRACpac to your device's home screen
On Apple devices:
- Go to www.tracpac.ab.ca in your Safari browser.
- Tap the Share button — it's the one immediately to the right of the address bar. It looks like a box with an arrow coming out of it.
- Tap "Add to Home Screen." It has a big plus sign in the middle of the button. After you tap it, a window will appear with the name of the website, the web address and an icon.
- Tap the "Add" button in the top-right corner of the window to complete. After that, Safari will close and you'll see the icon for TRACpac on your home screen.
On Android devices:
- Go to www.tracpac.ab.ca in your Chrome browser.
- Tap the Overflow button — three vertical dots — and select "Add to Home Screen."
- The site will join the other apps on your home screen.
How to get a virtual barcode
- Use the cloudLibrary app.
Get your barcode and discover eBooks and audiobooks. Download the cloudLibrary app and set it up with your patron information. Under the menu — three horizontal bars — tap on "Settings." Tap on "Virtual Library Card" and you're ready to scan away.
- Use a card-storing app.
Store your library barcode as well as all your other loyalty cards to lighten your wallet. Try Stocard (Apple or Android) for Key Ring (Apple or Android). Add it as "Another card" and follow the instructions on your phone.
- Take a picture.
If you don't want another app on your phone, try taking a picture of your physical library card. Make sure it's big, bright and in focus. Save it in your phone's gallery for easy offline access.